Press Release

Tolland, Conn.  –     Brian J. Foley, Town Manager, announced that the Town of Tolland is contemplating a project to replace the Industrial Park Road East Bridge, Industrial Park Road West Bridge and Gerber Drive Bridge over Gages Brook.  The bridge replacement projects would receive federal funds under the Federal Local Bridge Program administered by the Connecticut Department of Transportation.

If undertaken, the project design would be expected to begin in 2024, with construction likely from 2026 to 2028 for all three bridges.

Brian J. Foley points out that local and state policy encourages early information to citizens on such projects and encourages people to raise any concerns with municipal officials early in the planning process.  Persons wanting additional information should contact Brian J. Foley (860) 871-3600.

The cost of the bridge replacements would receive 80% reimbursement from federal aid with the remaining 20% paid from State funds.

The federal aid for the project was authorized under the “Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century Act” ( MAP – 21 ) and/or “Fixing America's Surface Transportation Act” (FAST) and/or “Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act” (IIJA) administered by the Federal Highway Administration and the Connecticut Department of Transportation.